Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Non-runners beginning

Hello!

Welcome to my first blog post.. So I have decided to start this blog to track my progress and tell my tales of training for a half marathon with other races sprinkled in between. Let me preface this all by saying I AM NOT A RUNNER!

I am one of those love to lay on the couch and eat a pizza if possible people. I have tried so many different forms of exercise and nothing really calls out to me. I live in Dowtown Miami and have a great view, there is an island right across from my building which seemed like the perfect place to run. Only one small problem... I don't run.

You might ask, then why on earth are you running? The one thing that motivated me was as I was surfing the net I saw that Disney has racing events, I was instantly sold. I love disney, if I could go every weekend I probably would. I got the courage to sign up for the next 5k they were having, "The Everest Challenge". This race is a 5k with obstacles throughout and then a scavenger hunt right after.

I honestly haven't had that much fun in a while. I ran with my amazing boyfriend Dan, and let's just say he isn't a runner either but more athletically inclined. With barely any training we ran the 5k in 40min, something we are very proud of. If you are thinking about doing this race trust me you won't regret it. I have since then started attempting to run on a more regular basis since I fell head over heels for these disney races and proceeded to sign us up for the Tower of Terror 10 miler in October & the wine and dine half marathon in November! The best part is once you sign up there is no turning back :) I will document the good, the bad and the ugly on my blog and hope you will accompany me on this fabulous adventure, after all ....

"Every Mile is Magical".

xoxo,
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment