Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Reads to inspire

Hello! I wanted to share two of my recent reads that have inspired me. First up is "the non-runner's marathon guide for women"... This book is told in the perspective of Dawn which is basically a couch potato.

I really enjoyed this book because it was so relatable for me. I am going through a lot of the same emotions and problems as her and it helped me to see I wasn't alone. Besides the book being informative about marathons and the training, it is very funny. Dawn is not a runner and simply hates doing it but has dedicated this marathon to her grandfather so she is determined. Her point of view is hilarious and I really recommend this book to anyone who needs a little pick me up during their training.

My next read is "Chicken soup for the runner's soul".

This book is full of short stories from real people about running, swimming, and triathlons. I love reading about other people's experiences because it helps me understand mine a little better. When I read these stories about amputee women than have completed an ironman it is truly inspiring. It makes me want to get out there and go all out, put different races on my calendar and more bling for my wall! I hope you get a chance to read these, they really are amazing books and a good way to stay motivated through tough training.

xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment